Monday, March 9, 2009

Smoke and Mirrors

I honestly have to say I didn't have much motivation to write today's entry. In fact, I had no intention to write something tonight, and instead pass out and wake up in the morning and write something up that probably had to do with some bizarre dream I had.

Instead, I want to show off what I finished making not too long ago:

That's right. I fired up MSPaint and made black bubbles.

But I posed a challenge for myself: I wasn't going to make these black bubbles all willy-nilly-like and randomly place them wherever, instead, I allowed myself to place a black bubble starting in a negative space and keep it so long as it came into contact with at least one other black bubble. After I was satisfied by my black bubble cluster, I took one of the 24 colors available to me and fill in the small pools of negative space.

It may seem like a clever and original thing to you, but I actually got the idea from something some people may recognize. But Benny Franklin said, "Originality is the art of concealing your sources." and if you don't know my source, I'm not the one to tell you.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am happy with how it came out. I do have to admit that what inspired me to even make something like this was just so I can have a fun background for YET ANOTHER social networking site.

And yes, I like being all matchy-matchy.



CORAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment